Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Things I'd Rather do than "Play Cars"

Yes, he's a miracle.

Of course, he's adorable.

No, I don't want to play cars 12 hours a day with a toddler who has his bossy-boots on.


Things I'd Rather do than Play Cars: 

1) Receive a dental cleaning after not flossing for 6 months
2) Hand-wash a sink full of dishes, lasagne pan included
3) Fill out camp forms and physicals
4) Attend Traffic court
5) Go to the gyno, pap smear optional
6) Watch an Adam Sandler movie
7) Do laundry
8) Whip up a Greek God costume
9) Sort my sock and underwear drawer
10) Order a yearbook online











12 comments:

Meg said...

I TOTALLY GET IT.

Gigi said...

I remember oh too well. Only with my guy, it was playing with his "guys" (Batman, etc. figurines). I NEVER got to be the good guy and I was always told what my lines were and how I was supposed to react.

Anonymous said...

SING IT FROM THE MOUNTAINTOPS!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love this post!

Nannoonannoo said...

Lol - I HATED open-ended play with my toddler. Give me a good ole board game every time - with a definite ending!

Unknown said...

Oh it's really bad if you'd rather fill out camp forms! If you're not ticklish, lie on tge couch and let him drive his cars over your legs (mountain cliffs). It'll be like a massage and you just get to lie there. Good luck!!!

Karen L. said...

Yes! It never ends and the bossy pants comment is so right on! That and dolls with my granddaughter where she wants to dictate all the dialog, too.

Denise said...

I used to hate playing barbies with a fabulous (bossy) youngest child who told you everything your barbie was supposed to say. Sending lots of support!!

Denise said...

I used to hate playing Barbies with my fabulous (and bossy) youngest child. She would not only tell you what your Barbie should be doing, but also what she should be saying. Great fun! Sending support!

Ernie said...

I was best at playing monster - I could 'pretend' to sleep (and really try to catch a few z's) and then I could jump up and scare him occasionally.

kristine said...

Watch an Adam Sandler movie! 😂 But seriously toddlers are awesome but exhausting. My kids are 6 and 9, and I'm sorta loving these ages! Hang in there momma!

kris0602rn said...

The constant request from my 2.5 yr old daughter is "Let's play princesses!" so I totally get it and agree with every single item on your list.