Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Children's Book Cover!

Introducing the cover to my new book for grieving children, A Hug from Heaven!


I hope you LOVE IT! The artist, Andrea Alemanno, is from Italy. I picked him from hundreds of illustrators, and am so pleased with how the illustrations throughout the book turned out. In the coming weeks I will be sharing Facebook live videos about how the whole process has been such as:

Deciding to go with a hybrid publisher
Choosing an illustrator
Deciding how to translate the words into pictures (harder than I thought!)

I pray that this book will fill a real need for the "forgotten grievers"-- children. When I managed a church bookstore, I kept searching for good grief books for kids, but kept coming up short. Then, of course, I wished there had been one for my own family when Jack died.

One of the neatest things about A Hug from Heaven is that it is told from the point of view of the person who died, speaking directly to the grieving child! A child experiencing the loss of any loved one, from grandparent, parent, friend, sibling (born or unborn) will be able to find comfort in these pages.

Can't wait to share more with you!

I'll let you know the actual release date as soon as I know it myself. It's looking like mid to late September. There will be opportunities to PRE-ORDER, which is extremely helpful in positioning the book to "find" more people, and to leave reviews. In the meantime, please start thinking about someone in your life who might be helped by this book.


6 comments:

ellen said...

Can I be the first to pre-order?!? This is fantastic.

Melissa said...

Wow, I can’t wait to see it! The cover is beautiful!!

Jenni said...

So much love to you.
I think of your boy so often.
xoxox

Jamie Miles said...

I love this. And the blue jay. Recently I bought bird seed with millet. I never knew that jays and robins and other ground feeders will eat at bird feeders with millet. This morning I watched three blue jays eating st our feeder. They are loud funny birds. They will not be ignored. So happy that you are ready for this book to be released. Blessings to you for your dedication.

Debbie Rodgers H said...

I found your blog. Your book rare bird has beena great help to me in the loss of my son. Thank you.

kristine said...

I would love to order this book for my kids. My mom passed away in November so I think it would be super helpful for them.