Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Water Changes Everything


When my kids were babies, I would remind myself that "Water Changes Everything." A foul mood or fussy kids? Throw them in the tub. A boring day? Turn on the sprinkler in the yard, bathing suits optional. Maybe it was as simple as letting them play with sudsy water in the sink.

Today is World Water Day, and I'm reminded that in most parts of the world, "Water Changes Everything," but in a different way. Water means the difference between life and death. And far too many people are dying for lack of a resource we take for granted daily.

A HUGE thank you to those of you who supported our well project last spring through Charitywater.org! Thanks to your generosity, we fully funded 2 wells that will SAVE LIVES in remote villages.

Today, on World Water Day, I want to share with you the exciting news about where both wells are being built:

ETHIOPIA!

As the wells are completed, I will share more details, including GPS images of the wells. How cool is that?

If you would like to learn more about saving lives by providing water, please check out charitywater.org. Bless you and all you do to help others.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

This is wonderful.

Last week, for a Lenten thing, I carried my own water to work and took quick, short and cold showers.

While my doing that did not create a water source for someone who has less access to clean water, it did cause me to realize how much I take water for granted.

God and I had a lot of talks about how spoiled I am.

Blessings to you for being part of these wells. I shall click on over...

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

How awesome!! Here, you've got this tangible thing that you can actually see - that tells you that you really did make a difference.

I also loved Ellen's comment.

emily said...

I didn't realize it was World Water Day. I am involved with Living Water International, a similar organization. It really is such a great cause.

Leslie said...

This is awesome...and I love the scripture quote, which is one of my favorites. As a not-too-religious woman it still speaks volumes to me. It is so great that you and your family have made this a service project. Inspiring!