Monday, March 21, 2011

A Monday Minute

Spring has left me feeling oh so crafty, which means we are surrounded by half-finished projects.

Like a back porch wicker re-do/BEFORE:

DURING: Doesn't Tom look so happy to be a part of the fun at 9 pm on Friday night? He tends to prefer a different type of March Madness:


AFTER will have to wait until I can figure out how to cover up all of the staples and, yes, masking tape that was involved.


There was the purchase of new outdoor lighting, sitting in boxes in the dining room:


And there's the half-finished project that involves these 2 books, a glue gun, and some fabric:


If it works, I think you'll LOVE it.

And waiting in the wings is my latest dumpster dive. Suggestions welcome:





But the best part of my days has been the good weather and being able to see these 2 play together constantly. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

9 comments:

purejoy said...

ohhhhhh to leave us hanging like that!! i can't wait to see how your wikerness turns out. and your chest of drawers… mmmmm. i'd paint it a nice country white and distress it. but then i'm not too clever with interiors.
your kids are adorable!!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Can you cover the staples with black marker? Sharpies color a multitude of sins. Okay, I'm kidding, well sort of!

Love the pics of your monkeys in the tree. Too sweet!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That's interesting hardware on the dresser you found - looks kind of vintage boys room. I think the blue drawers are kind of cool if you're putting it in Jake's room. I'd do some kind of chrome looking finish where it was white and do a similar blue. But that's not seeing it in person and assuming that you're keeping the look.

Otherwise - I think you need to ditch the door pulls.

The pictures of the kids are darling.

Christy said...

I like the blue - I'd re-paint it a similar color and either spray the handles a really shiny silver, or replace them.

Can't wait to see the book project - I can't imagine what it will be!

Your kids are too cute. Too freaking cute I tell you!

InMyOwnStyle said...

HI Anna-

My hubby thinks like yours about March Madness. When I was in DC we passed the Verizon Center where some of the madness was going on. It was crazy around there.
Looking forward to see what you do with the books.
My best- Diane

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see all these projects. That chest could be great!

Jill said...

oh your DIY projects are just fabulous!!! can't wait to see the finished results ...

no seriously. i can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Spring has sprung! And you are like a busy bee, buzzing about. I wonder what Michelle of Vintage Junky would do with that dresser?

jbhat

Toyin O. said...

Nice pictures, Can not wait to see the after pictures:)