Saturday, March 6, 2010

Let's Dig It Together!


You may remember back in January when I posted that my immediate family and friends from my small group had decided to spend this year finding creative ways to raise money to build a well for people without access to clean drinking water. We would have yard sales, clip coupons, host parties and beg generous blog readers to join us.

Well, somehow January soon became March, and this Year of Living Generously needed kicking off! In my search to find the perfect organization, and one that would enable blog readers to securely donate online and track progress, I found Charity: Water!

Oh my. What a jackpot!

While the fundraising amount was higher than I had anticipated (interesting how we are often stretched beyond what we think is do-able), I was stunned to discover that 100% of every penny raised goes DIRECTLY to well projects and sustainable clean water solutions in the areas of greatest need around the world.

I can't wait for you to read about Charity: Water, and I can't wait to see how you might be prompted to respond.

To add to the, errr, excitement, Charity: Water fundraising projects run for only 3 months spans.

Eeek.

This means that while my family and small group will be raising money all year long, the particular well project we have signed on for needs to be funded by early June.

Impossible?

Let's see.

Thank you to the An Inch of Gray reader and funny gal who already donated $100 to kick things off.

Go to our Year of Living Generously Page and check out how you can help!

4 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

Good idea Anna! You go!!

I will check it out....

Christy said...

I am so excited for you and this project and so happy to help your team out!

Christy said...

Anna - I'd like to put a post on my blog about this - email me so we can coordinate - I want to use some images and the right link, etc.

Marinka said...

This is such a great idea, Anna!