Monday, May 10, 2010

Holy Craft!




Molly and I took an ornate gold plastic frame that didn't sell at the yard sale, and covered up the small oil painting with painter's tape.




Then we gave it a light spray painting with Heirloom White spray paint. I forgot to wipe off the cobwebs first-- oops! Yes, I know my legs look like Hilary Clinton's. Please focus on the "artwork." We left some of the crevices unpainted for depth.




When I realized I didn't have any chalkboard paint, I just grabbed one of my adhesive chalkboard rectangles that was on my pantry door, cut it with an exacto knife, and stuck it right on top of the painter's tape.



For a different look, I grabbed a peice of corkboard left over from another project, and stuck it right on top of the chalkboard. Then I added a family picture and an ampersand thumbtack.



So now I have 2 fun, virtually free projects in one frame. Please tell me... which do you prefer?

Linking up at Reinvented today.

21 comments:

purejoy said...

hmmm that's a tough one. they're both super cute (and so are your legs!) although i think i lean more to the corkboard because it lends itself to a more 3 dimensional presentation.
what a fun frame, and so cute in white!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Nice! I like both, but the corkboard's cooler..

Nichole@40daysof said...

I think I like the chalkboard best, but they are both great. I like the frame so much now that it's painted!

Anonymous said...

i vote for chalkboard!!

Kristina P. said...

I think they are both great, but I think the corkboard is cool.

Deidra said...

I like them both. Very cute ideas!

TheLab said...

Corkboard! I love how the photo intersects the frame line. (Does that make sense?) You know what I mean...

Great work!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Unless you're going to start drawing little still lifes in chalk, I bet the corkboard will be easier to keep visually interesting. But both are great, and your legs DO NOT look like Hillary Clinton's. And what male blogger do you know who would feel compelled (as I would too, unless perhaps I looked like you) to point out that he had "Al Gore's love handles"?

vawriter said...

Bill wishes Hillary's legs looked that good. He promises to stay on the straight nd narrow if she can arrange that.

Corkboard, if I have to choose.

L said...

I love them both. When you get tired of it, send it on down to me :). I also feel like your blog title is a little nod to your Sis. Or is that just a little bit of me thinking the world revolves around me?

Momastery said...

i vote for the corkboard one!!
I also vote for all of your post titles. Love them.

Witty with nice stems, that Ms See.

Heidi said...

I like them both, but the cork board wins for me. I love that idea.

dearheart said...

I like the chalkboard, at least with its current message! Love the white paint on the frame the best, however. Infusing bright white items of interest into my colorful living room is on my current agenda.

malia said...

your legs do not look like hilary's!
love both-- vote for corkboard (-:

Prairie Scraps said...

I love spray paint! What a fabulous looking frame when you are done!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I think I like the chalk board best.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

i like the chalkboard


love,molly:]

anymommy said...

Very clever. I like the chalk board too, but they both look great.

Tracie said...

Very cute! I like the corkboard the best but they're both great.

kim jackson said...

corkboard. :]

EatPlayLove said...

corkboard seems more versatile, you could always post a list on it written on paper if need be!