Friday, March 26, 2010

Random Friday Round-Up





So, in an effort to prove my life isn't solely defined by craptastic meat-buying binges, I thought I'd share a few highlights of the week.

Here's a pic of the meat; not a highlight, but definitely notable:




We continued on in the No Cavity Club. Molly is excited. Jake is concerned. He wants to voluntarily drop out, despite his excellent oral hygiene, because he thinks it's just "too stressful" waiting to find out if he has a cavity.



We moved from Cub Scouts (5 years of it!) to Boy Scouts. During the ceremony, when Jake pinned a gold pin on my shirt to thank me for all I had done to help him, I knew I didn't deserve it. Thanks, Tom, for pulling him through. I'm glad you know how to tie a knot.


Jake successfully lobbied his friends and relatives to give him money for his birthday, so he could buy this Lego set. Yep, more than 6,000 pieces. We didn't see him for a couple of days while he built it.


We brought one of my latest "dumpster dives" inside. It's a rusted little greenhouse thingy I found curbside. Right now it is housing Molly's 3rd grade Cabbage Project. Any suggestions for fixing it up, or should I leave it as is?

And today's big news. As you know, I NEVER fall for marketing ploys. Today I purchased my very own pair of Reebok Easy Tones. Guaranteed to tighten my butt as I go about my daily business. Here I am walking the dog in my new shoes.







17 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

Leave it as it is!! Love the rust. Btw, can you send me a pair of those sneakers if they guarantee those upper thighs?

Beth said...

I love the green house thingy. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

purejoy said...

looks like your dog lost more than 15 pounds!!

bernthis said...

my dog Teddy would like to know if your little dog there is available for a playdate? That is you in that photo right?

L said...

Leave the greenhouse and stop using pictures of my body and pretending that they are you! ;)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Love the greenhouse...it would be lovely with succulents in it.

Wow, that lego set is impressive. I still love legos, and can't wait for my son to be a little older so I have an excuse to buy them.

Let us know how you like those shoes! I thought that they would probably just make me sore everywhere I walked and I would end up not wearing them...heals do that to me anyways, so why do I need my tennis shoes to..haha! = ) Hopefully they will work well!

vawriter said...

Your children are gorgeous, and so is that greenhouse! Nobody leaves good stuff like that at the curb here in Red Lion.

How many thousands of dollars are those shoes if they're guaranteed to make me look like that?

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That's a tough one. Because it's kind of nice that it's "weathered" looking... But I don't know about rust indoors... Maybe you should do more of a white finish on it with some different shades. So it's not stark white - but doesn't look like it should be outside.

I like it a lot!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Man, that's gonna be such a load of work, matching your little shorts to the mouse's leash every day...

dearheart said...

Per usual, I am totally impressed with your dumpster diving skills. I'd leave that charming green house alone. But maybe that's just because I'm lazy....

Would the shoes help?

Heidi said...

Look at that lego!! My son would lose his mind over that.

Brenda Susan said...

I agree with the others, don't change a thing on that greenhouse, it's wonderful!
As a thank you for all your lovely comments I have tagged you in todays post & hopefully lead a few more people over to you.
Thank you Bloggy Friend!

Ali said...

I LOVE the dumpster dive treasure!!
I am blown away by the legos!!!
I am DYING to know how the butt-shoes work!!

xoxo

Sokphal said...

Do an entry on the shoes that guarantees great legs and butt! I wanted a pair but they are still a bit pricey right now...

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

Great trash find, wow! I would leave it as is, in all its rusted glory! You can change out what goes inside. Won't that be fun?!

TheLab said...

I just have to say - your children are STUNNING. Each time I see a photo of them, they are even more beautiful.

OK, the Lego thing? Your son is my HERO. I played with Legos until I was way past Lego age. I still HAVE my legos. In fact, I'm working on a post about Legos!

I am so shocked at how cool that castle is.

And we're twins in spandex...

Gretchen said...

Wait, I thought your dog was black?

;>)