Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes





Well, today was the big day! Molly switched from a 13 person class at a small private school to a 27 person class at our local public school. She was up early, dressed, bed made and ready to go. I was so darn proud of her.

The verdict? The bus was cool and a nice girl helped her in the cafeteria. We'll see how the year progresses. We have wanted to give public school a shot, and this seemed like a good opportunity to capitalize on the fact that she was excited about buses, bells, and picking out her own clothes. I'm not wild about our all being on different daily schedules, etc., but I hope it works out well.

I want to thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts today. They helped.

Jake doesn't start school until tomorrow... which meant a drastic change in look per the private school hair code.


Old Look:










Doesn't he look so happy?

New Look:


I felt like I was witnessing the 5 stages of grief on his face as he sat in the barber chair. This is right after Depression but well before Acceptance.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That face! Good luck to all.

jbhat

purejoy said...

awww, even with the scowl, he is adorable. and his hair looks amazing either way. such a great head of hair!!
blessings to all of your birds as they begin school!

Shana said...

Funny how haircuts can age little boys instantly from cute lil honey bun to handsome young man.

Good luck with the schedules. For two years I had three kids in three different schools, with different start and finish times, and each with NO BUS SERVICE. It was awesome. NOT.

k a b l o o e y said...

Your kids are frighteningly gorgeous, although I hope your guy has cheered up a little bit. Hope they're both wearing smiles after tomorrow; what sweetie-pies.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

They are both gorgeous. I usually prefer short hair on little boys (haven't decided when boys stop being "little" yet - but for my own, I'm thinking around age 21) - BUT Jake looks SO cute with that mop. Luckily he looks just as cute as a clean cute James Dean impersonator.

for a different kind of girl said...

Wow! What a big change! The photos, though, are priceless! You've got some gorgeous kids! Hope they have good school years.

Lynn Kellan said...

That's how I feel when I get a haircut...

L said...

Do you take requests? If so, I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison of Jake's long hair and some of your middle school cuts. ;) He sure looks handsome both ways, though, and YAY for Molly having a good first day at her new school.

Madge said...

That face! I've seen that face at my house.

They are both beautiful. Hope the school year starts out great and stays that way for both of them.

Julia said...

aww poor baby. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your sweet comments!

J. said...

I'm sure Molly will like a public school. I went to both, and believe me - sometimes private schools are even worse than public ones!
And if this one isn't, you can't keep your baby away from "big-school,lots-a-students" problems anyway, she needs to learn how to deal with them.
Good luck! :)

Vanessa said...

Love the pics and those nifty signs!

Gretchen said...

I've been praying for y'all!!!

And, that face! He looks like his dog just died, poor guy.

I have often - SERIOUSLY - thought about cutting my kids hair while they sleep just to avoid the whole wiggling/crying/arguing.

Glennon said...

Jake and Molly are so cute I can hardly stand it. I taught third grade for seven years...it's a special year for many reasons. Still cool to be good, nobody's too concerned about coolness yet, and there are so many wonderful things to learn.
Good luck to all of you!

Stimey said...

Oh, poor guy. He looks very handsome, but oh, the glorious long hippie hair...