Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Product Shout Out: Chalk Ink; OR, I Have Issues


I love the look of chalkboard paint and chalk, but the thought of actually touching a piece of chalk sets my teeth on edge. I know, I’m a little bit weird. Don’t even get me started about how the pages of certain books feel or how I love to read the newspaper, but touch one? Not so much.

Anyway, this post isn’t about my sensory issues so much as to introduce you to a product I discovered while cruising blogs instead of sleeping the other night.

Cool product = Chalk Ink.

Chalk Ink flows freely like a paint pen and can be used on any non-porous surface. Chalkboards? Check. Mirrors, Check. Counter tops? Check. But seriously, would you really want to risk it?

Chalk Ink is what Starbucks and other businesses use on their blackboards and on those clear plastic signs.

Anyway, I tried them out on the little sticky chalkboards I have on the pantry door. The result? Although my crappy photos don't begin to do it justice-- clear, vibrant, non-smudgy (or dusty!) words that will stay there until I wash them off with water. There’s a product website, but I bought them at Michael’s.






The best part? I don’t get the heebie jeebies when I pick them up to use them.

10 comments:

Stimey said...

Wow, that is really cool. I could use this. I'm sure it's not surprising, but I also have sensory issues with chalk.

I can't find my blog said...

I'm getting these for the chalkboard paint I'm going to use on my boy's closet doors. No dust? YAY!

tipsygirl said...

Love the mousies on the staircase!

I too cannot stand to have to touch chalk so I am with you on the cool pens sister!

Unknown said...

Just wandered over from YHL and had to give you a big "amen!" on the chalk heebie jeebies. My skin is crawling just thinking about it. I can't handle the sound or the smell, let alone the feel of using chalk on a chalkboard.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Mr. and Mrs. Q said...

I just got some today for the express purpose to make one of those fabulous chalk doors or frames or something. My husband hates how messy chalk is and said I could have no board unless I figured out something else. Shout out is right! Love them. Yes, chalk, newspaper and for me paper grocery bags are disgusting to touch. Instant cringe. I have stumbled upon your blog several times through googling images of various things so I thought I would comment...especially on account of our shared sensory issues. =)~

Anonymous said...

By the way, try GPS blocker to block all secret transmitters in your home or at work.

Anonymous said...

atlanta singles [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]dating coffee jars[/url] london dating http://loveepicentre.com/ steve on singles