Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snip Snip


Molly was working on a craft and needed some yarn. I sent her down to the pit of disaster that is the unfinished part of our basement to find some. I told her she would find a clear plastic tub on the top of one of the shelves that had yarn in it. I knew this would keep her busy for a while, trying to navigate through piles of crap.

30 minutes later she came back, bearing some colorful string that didn’t look familiar to me. She was very proud of herself. Later, we were in the basement again and she showed me where she got the “yarn.”

Ooops. She had chopped off the end of my hammock, saved from my mid-80’s mission trips to Mexico. She was mortified. Oh well. If I haven’t found a place to hang it in the past 25 years, I don’t think I’ll be needing it any time soon.

5 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Oh no! But I completely relate to just letting things go as time goes on. There are definitely some "momentos" I have lying around that would have been tragic to lose a few years ago. Now? Not so much.

EatPlayLove said...

ouch, although it may have been a mixed blessing, a 25 year old hammock may have been unsafe at this point!

L said...

I think I have a hammock in a box somewhere for lack of a place to hang it. You are welcome to it!

Heidi said...

So so funny! My husband would be livid. He lives for his hammock in the summer. Oops.

Cynthia said...

HA-LARIOUS!!!!!!!