Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Furniture Transformations

I have two projects to share today.

Found this little table on a trash heap on a very rainy day. The top is still a little ripply because of all that rain. Primed it, spray painted it Winter Gray, and tried a little distressing with sand paper. I think it's super cute. It needs a little more gluing of the bottom shelf before it hits Craigslist. What do you think? Bedside table? I hope I can find someone to love it.






I bought this desk for $11.00 at the thrift store. What a deal! It's almost 6 feet long and oh sooo heavy. The top was pretty scratched up, but the handy little sander I bought for with birthday money (Thanks, Aunt Betty!) worked like a charm.



Tom primed and painted it for me with a semi-gloss latex we bought to match Heirloom White. The hardware got a coat of Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.

I promised Tom I'd try to sell it, but I lied. I don't think he minded. Now it sits happily in my office where all the "blog-magic" takes place. Hee. Hee. I need to get metal frames to hang files inside the drawers. My desk chair is the suede one I found in the trash last year and spray painted. Yep, the suede and all. It sure is easier to take risks with things when they were headed to the dump anyway.



My old desk, which I've had since I was twelve, will have to be the one to find a new home, maybe after a fresh coat of black paint.


16 comments:

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Great transformations - I don't blame you for keeping that desk!

You'll get rich from CL soon if you keep this up.

Stephiejo@Inside the Barbie Craft Room said...

Found your site through The Shabby Chic Cottage-love that desk! So you spray painted the fabric on the chair? I'm curious if it flakes off at all? I'm itching to do some more painting-just on a "smaller" scale. :-)
Stephiejo

mosey (kim) said...

Those both look amazing. You've given me inspiration to paint an old drop-leaf table that I've been wanting to transform. Sanding the edges like that is so effective. Do you use oil or latex for furniture? I had heard oil is better, but it's a pain to work with....

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Great transformations! The little table is so dainty and I love the chair you have with your desk!

NATURAL MODERN INTERIORS said...

Just found your blog. It's great when I see so much furniture being recycled into new creative pieces. Have fun, Lisa

Nichole@40daysof said...

Love you transformations, Anna! Especially the new desk. Maybe you should be your area's Holly from Life In The Fun Lane. :)

Anonymous said...

Those makeovers are beautiful. I am drooling over your office space. It's so pretty, and that chair looks really comfy, and perfect with the amazing desk.

jbhat

Unknown said...

wow I love the color. Elegant.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Great jobs. I've been trolling Craigslist a lot lately AND thinking about some home transformations, but I do too much thinking and not enough doing!

Laina said...

This looks great! i have been in search for a desk for the past few weeks, waiting for the right desk and the right price. You did such a great job! i love the color and there is so much storage. I am visiting from Mustard seed linky party.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Love what you did with that dresser! And that chair is cool too :)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

You are so industrious. You need a business name for your CL enterprise. Perhaps Dumpster Dive Diva.

Brenda Susan said...

wow, you are amazing! sanding & paint can do wonders can't it! congrats!

I can't find my blog said...

Wanna come to California? There are about a dozen things in my house that need your eye. Srsly.

Unknown said...

You did good. Absolutely love that desk and chair! It would look marvelous in my office. Just thought I'd drop a hint with Christmas coming up....

Miss Mustard Seed said...

It's all great, but I LOVE the chair!