Wednesday, March 22, 2017

18

We made it through Jack's 18th birthday on Saturday!

It was a lot better than last year, when I was 8 months pregnant and Tim and Margaret were out of town. This year, we went on a road trip to our friends' house in the country, a place they have offered us so generously in the years since the accident. As is often the case, the anticipation leading up to the date was worse than the date itself.

After a restless night, Tim let me sleep in, we stayed in our pj's all day, spent some time outside playing 4 square, enjoying the pond, and letting the dogs run around. We caught up with a dear friend, her two girls, and my sister, who accompanied us on the trip. Later, we put on leftover paper party hats, Tim made fajitas, and we ate ice cream cake.




An article I wrote, telling a very special story I haven't shared before, was published in an online women's magazine that day.

If you haven't read it yet, I hope you will, and that it brings you comfort and encouragement.

Read the story here.


8 comments:

Karen L. said...

Thank you for sharing this and for keeping us posted on your life. I am so thankful for such a personal God that always loves and comforts and stays with us no matter what. Even if we do not understand our life's difficulties. Your family is so dear.

Jeni Pearlman said...

My eyes welled up with tears reading that article. I cannot even imagine how Carrie felt speaking to you and how you must've felt hearing that but I imagine it must've been so comforting to know that she stayed with him.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story! It is truly amazing the people God places in your life at certain moments. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Anna. Wow. I am so glad that she found you, and let you know. Thank you (and Carrie) for sharing this. So many signs!

love,
jbhat

Anonymous said...

And happy birthday to Andrew!! Congratulations to ALL!! And is that....Margaret??

love,
jbhat

Anonymous said...

Wow. What comfort this young woman provided. I do not think that all these signs are a mere coincidence. A Happy Birthday to Jack--and much love to all of you. Big hugs, Nova mom Jen

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((Hugs)) I do love the article you wrote. How wonderful of her to find you and tell you that she was with Jack.

Anonymous said...

Anna, you never stop reminding me to savor every moment of this beautiful, messy, heartbreaking life on Earth. We have so many opportunities to love others - Carrie is such an excellent example of that.