Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Bits and Bobs

I'm heading off to Nashville for a conference tomorrow! I hear it is FREEZING down there, so I definitely won't be showing off any cute dresses or cowboy boots.

Please pray this it is a good time for me to catch up on sleep, and that going will help give me direction for my next steps, while not making me feel inadequate/guilty for where I am right now.

I hope this little nugget has fun with his daddy while I'm away. Every night he says to me, "I love you so much and I want to keep you forever!"

The feeling is mutual!

Preschool pics with a raging undiagnosed ear infection:



If you are in the DC/VA/MD area, there is a wonderful event for grieving families I want to tell you about! It is the Hope Family Fun Festival on Nov 24 put on by the non-profit Hope for Grieving Families and will have tons of activities for families to enjoy together such as face painting, moon bounce, scavenger hunt, Build-A-Bear, Pets on Wheels, etc! I'll be there too!

There are volunteer needs as well if you or your teen would like to help out!

Stay warm. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am GRATEFUL for YOU!


P.S. 800 new copies of A Hug from Heaven just landed in my home office, so let me know if you need one for the grieving child or adult in your life.

8 comments:

tribefan44836@gmail.com said...

Stay warm,it's freezing in Ohio. Waiting patiently for you to come speak somewhere in Ohio close to me!!

Laura said...

YES - It's freezing down here!

Melanie said...

I would love to hear more about the festival as well as receive a book. I have 2 kids who lost their older sister and we are just starting to figure out how to talk about her.

PinkieB said...

I was in Nashville a few weeks ago, and if you get a chance, go to Printer's Alley. There are jazz and blues clubs and it's just very chill and fun.

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures!

An Inch of Gray said...

@melanie I am so very sorry for your loss. The festival would be great for your kids! There is info on the Hope for Grieving Families Website. Also, please email me if you would like me to send your kids a copy of A Hug from Heaven

Laura said...

Your story is so comforting. Thanks for sharing your love all the time. My young niece passed away almost 2 years ago. I would love to get a copy of Hugs from Heaven for her sister and brother. I think that they would love it. How can I email you?

An Inch of Gray said...

Laura: Email me at ahugfromheaenbook@gmail.com to purchase a book. Love and Hugs, Anna