Monday, November 19, 2018

Holidays and Empty Chairs

This piece by John Pavlovitz really spoke to me, so I thought I'd share it with you. I've been thinking of so many people who will face an empty chair these holidays, through death or estrangement. And, with the devastating fires in CA, many, many people won't even have a home, or a chair this year. How traumatic and disorienting that must be. If you are struggling to be grateful or to "make merry" please be gentle on yourself.


Undated Hand Turkey From Jack:
Dear Mom and Dad
Thank you for:

            Being great parents,
              Taking care of me, 

            Loving me forever.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing...this is so relatable. I love Jack's turkey <3

Gigi said...

Oh Anna - I know the holidays must be hard enough for you and here you are thinking of strangers and their troubles...bless you for being you. And sending loving thoughts and prayers your way during this season.

Anonymous said...

My sister lost her son unexpectedly three years ago from an undiagnosed heart condition. He was 31. I know how painful the holidays are for her and you as well. ♥

Anonymous said...

My son also 31 ..2 yrs ago..im heartbroken for your sister..God bless and comfort

Anonymous said...

My son also was 31..2 yrs ago ..im sorry your sister feels this..